Character theme cafes and shops in Taipei

Ok I'm not going to lie, I like to visit character theme cafes because one of my dream is to have my very own one day, or at least to design for a cafe... During my last trip, my good friend brought me to many character cafe and shops that I felt as if I was in Japan! Taiwanese like Japanese culture a lot and they share a lot of similarities in their service and retail. So if you are on a budget, Taiwan is a good alternative because their food and transport are way cheaper than Japan 😬

★Kobitos Cafe
No. 2, Alley 40, Lane 181, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan
Kobitos is my friend's favourite character so it was a no-brainer to choose this place when we know another of our university friend is back in Taiwan for a holiday and bringing her kid along.

They had super-cute (and clean) cushions lying around for people to smack with.

Including lame headgear to take photos like these 😂

Food was average, but nicely decorated. They used to have buffet but I think they cancelled it due to poor business... Nevertheless it was a good place to hang out with friends.

★Rilakuma Cafe
No. 3, Lane 248, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan
As you can see, my friend's boy loved it!

Merchandise up for grabs!

Decoration was cute too!



Dessert looked so good we wished we could have one each!

I ordered this, it was nice and instagram-worthy, hehe 😋

My friend ordered scrambled egg with rice to share with her son.

And another friend ordered spaghetti.

Our sweets were nice too~ Rilakuma food and deco certainly won over Kobitos!

★Gudetama Chef
No. 12, Lane 236, Section 1, Dunhua S Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan
Gudetama Chef was at the same area, called Dunhua, where the Kobitos and Rilakuma cafe were located. They were all within walking distance.

We didn't manage to go in because it was newly opened and queue was very long. Nevermind, Singapore has one too!

★LINE FRIENDS Cafe & Store
110, Taiwan, Taipei City, Xinyi District, Songshou Rd, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Hsinyi Place A11
This LINE store at the first floor of Mitsukoshi department store has lots of cute installations for you to take photos with!

I'm not a LINE fan but hey, they all look damn cute! 😍

Lots of goods available but on the pricey side! I bought a few for my top patreon :) Expect a big crowd over weekends so go during weekday if you can!

PEANUTS - Apparel for Adults
2F, No. 16, Songgao Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan
I'm a fan of peanuts so I included this although it's not a cafe.

There were also installations for you to take photos with.

But uh sadly the clothes were all winter clothes so I didn't buy any.

That's all for my Taiwan holiday back in early Jan! Hope I can visit again end of the year, but I have to be very careful about my weight...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough