Sales staff in Tokyo are speaking more English

I am not sure if it is because my friend looked like a foreigner during my latest trip to Japan or sales staff are now more courageous to speak English. Even an "obaasan" (auntie) waitress could ask us "English Menu?", which was quite a surprise for me. It seems that the depreciating yen really helped Japanese tourism and the service line is finally picking up English.

Now... I wonder if that Immigration Bureau at Shinagawa has more staff who could speak English or Chinese. It was strange that nobody there could speak a foreign language although everyone who goes there is a foreigner. Luckily the forms are in English and Japanese, whew!

Comments

  1. よかった! Now let's wait when they will speak Russian :lol:

    On that stripe with a T-shirt, Your face is so evilish, like You want to punch her :(
    Is it because her accent?

    I think that You are missing japan so much.

    ewww ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am angry on the 2nd panel because they don't have my size~~~

      Yeah... I miss Japan, I am getting bored here...

      Delete
  2. Quite true, they rarely speak in english...even when they all have a major sense about it I had a better chance to get understood with my broken japanese than with english. Cool thing they are taking the small risk :)

    Oh and NO PHOTO for me was NO ALLOWED NO...with their arms crossed in front of their chests hahaha...good times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I modified the comic strip with the cross in front of chest in my file for compilation of 2nd/3rd book :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough