Day 8: Hitachi Seaside Park to see Red Kochia

Red Kochia Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia) Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen
Kochia is actually Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia), which is a kind of grass that turns red during fall. You can see the sea of red at Hitachi Seaside Park (ひたち海浜公園) in October but 19th Oct was the last day in 2014 to see this plant before they change to brown.

If you stay in Tokyo, you can take a 2hr train ride from Ueno and then look for a shuttle bus to take you to the park.

Many people were already there because we visited on a weekend and the park entrance was free!

Red Kochia Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia) Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen
As you can see, some were already beginning to fade.

It's kind of strange but I was on the same spot in May 2013 and they had blue nemophila flowers...
http://evacomics.blogspot.com/2013/05/hitachi-seaside-park-and-ashikaga.html

Red bush Kochia Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia) Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen
Close up of the red leaves.

Red bush Kochia Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia) Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen
Hmm...I am very sure that it is NOT the same plant. Which means only one thing...
THEY MOVED THE PLANTS ONE BY ONE TO COVER THE SLOPES!!!

Knowing how meticulous and hardworking Japanese are, I fully believe that their gardeners actually did that to create the sea of colours on their slopes. Amazing... O_O;;

Red bush Kochia Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia) Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen
My friend bought my bag from Society6 so I had to pose with it XD

Red bush Kochia Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia) Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen
She even bought my handphone case, so sweet of her!!!
I gave her a copy of my book as present, hope she likes it! (^-^)

With the rest of the gang from Waseda University.

Red bush Kochia Bassia scoparia (syn. Kochia scoparia) Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen
Ok enough of humans, let's take dogs!

Japanese dogs are amazing, they just stay still and will not move until their owners tell them to! Even for photo-taking!

There were also flowers in bloom despite approaching fall. But believe me, it was still HOT!

Hitachi Seaside park kaihin kouen cattail october fall
Beautiful cattails as well.
I definitely enjoy seeing flowers in Japan, hope to be back again next year!

------
P.S. If you are from a tour agency, airline or interested to promote Japanese tourism, please feel free to contact me to explore future collaborations!

Comments

  1. My first response if you would invite me there without knowing any pictures or information but just as "Lets go an see flowers" I would refuse...like a lot, specially about taking the 2 hour train ride just for that...but after the pictures and the information...yeah I would change my mind...I want to go there now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's quite a nice park but I would love to see some wild flowers too.
      Miss the beautiful flowers and gorgeous mountains in Japan now~~~

      Delete
  2. He-he, Eva-san like a flower in a wild. I think that red is good color for You :)

    Could I conclude that food wasn't great here? I mean, no pictures.

    Yeah, I don't think that I could stay two hour ride to watch a flowers only.

    Looks like that You've got great gang in Waseda University.

    ewww...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA You are very sharp ewww!
      The food there wasn't great, so I didn't bother to post any photos about it.
      I don't mind 2 hour ride journey if I can see lots of flowers~ but of course it is also the company that counts, and I had a great one ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough